Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Proof read before hitting the send button on your cell phone.

My cell phone has a mind of it's own.
I got a text from my brother this morning thanking me for the lottery tickets I gave him for his birthday, he won 47 bucks. So, I texted him back saying: "Yay!! That's awesome!"
Only the text didn't go to him.... for some reason that I can't figure out, I accidently sent the text to a friend of mine who had messaged me earlier saying that she was having blood work done due to the stomach pain she's been having. I'm sure that "Yay that's awesome" is not the response she was expecting.

I don't know how I went from reading my brothers message and texting him right back, to having it sent to a different person. I swear my phone hates me and I in return, hate my phones auto correct.
In a different incident a few weeks back, I was going to a party and picking up a few people on the way and texted a friend to let her know. With out proofreading it before I hit send, I realized the message said this: "I'm swinging by to BBQ up the people before I come over."
Why on earth did my phone decide I wanted to use the word 'BBQ'? Thankfully my friend knew what I meant. My cell also likes to shut off for no reason at all and sometimes when people call me, it goes straight to voice mail. Everything else seems to work on it so maybe it's just owners error, and maybe I should pay more attention when I send a text. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment