Wednesday, August 25, 2010

After midnight phone calls

Last Wednesday I over did it going through stuff for the yard sale. By ten p.m. I was wiped out, I took a shower, went to bed and fell asleep while watching TV.
At three am I heard one of the cat puking up a hair ball, so I got up to investigate. The cat went into another room and I couldn't figure out where he was trying to throw up, so I went back to bed.
At 4:30 am the phone rang. If you have young adult children- the phone ringing after midnight is the worst adrenaline rush you'll ever have.
It was my oldest son, he needed me to pick him up but not until noon the next day. He apologized for calling so early, but now I was wide awake.
I decided to go online, read my email and see what the world was up to. I checked out my free credit report and grabbed notebook and pen, trying to figure out who was bashing my bad credit these days.
After an hour or so I decided to get some more sleep. I stood up forgetting the notebook was in my lap and it fell onto the floor, right onto the missing pile of cat puke.
Looks like the beginning of a very lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment