Thursday, August 12, 2010

Going thru files I found this.....

I've been cleaning out the house, organizing and getting rid of stuff I don't need. Becoming a hoarder scares me, I've seen the shows.  I do not need three thousand rubber stamps that I'll never use, no matter how nice the images are. If I haven't used them in the last 2 years, I'm getting rid of them. I don't need fifteen pairs of jeans, or keep the size 5 that I wore ten years ago because they are never going to fit me again and even if they did, they're out of style.
I'm having a big yard sale next weekend, and hoping to make a small fortune. I already feel better unloading all my stuff.

As far as the organizing part goes, I went thru the filing cabinet today and came across an article I saved that Erma Bombeck wrote many years ago. It brought tears to me eyes, and stopped me from cleaning long enough to share it you.
If you are a Mother, you will be able to relate to this. Rremember to always let your children know how much you love them, even when their All Growed Up.

By Erma Bombeck:
One of these days you will explode and shout to all the kids, "Why don't you just grow up and act your age??"
And they will.
"Or, you guys get outside and find something to do...without hurting each other...AND DONT SLAM THE DOOR!"
And they don't...
You'll straighten their bedroom til its all neat and tidy, toys displayed on the shelf, hangers in the closet, animals caged and you'll yell "NOW I WANT IT TO STAY THIS WAY!"
And it will...
You'll prepare a perfect dinner with a salad that hasn't had all the olives picked out and a cake with no finger traces in the icing and you'll say, "NOW THIS IS A MEAL FOR COMPANY!"
And you will eat it alone...
You'll yell "I want complete privacy on the phone! No screaming, DO YOU HEAR ME?"
And no one will answer...
No more tablecloths stained no more dandelion bouquets, No more iron on patches, no more wet knotted shoe laces, muddy boots or rubber bands for ponytails.
Imagine...a lipstick with a point! No babysitters for New Years Eve, Washing clothes only once a week!
No PTA meetings or silly school plays where you child is a tree, or a dutch girl named Mena, no car pools, blaring stereos or forgotten homework.
No more Christmas presents made of paste and toothpicks, no wet oatmeal kisses.
No more tooth fairy, no more giggles in the dark, scraped knees to kiss Or sticky fingers to clean.
ONLY a voice asking WHY DON'T YOU GROW UP?
And the silence echoes...
"I did"

No comments:

Post a Comment